You are not alone as a new teacher with Kent ISD!
Successful teacher induction systems focus on student learning and teacher effectiveness. Kent Intermediate School District’s new teacher program provides opportunities for new teachers to meet, collaborate, and grow in a professional learning community that supports growth and development.
Sessions are carefully designed with ongoing, engaging, and
reflective learning to build the capacity of new teachers with an interactive experience in a supportive environment. Novice oriented professional development will be guided by expert colleagues who are responsive to your teaching through coaching, feedback, and experienced differentiated learning.
This series of sessions is designed to advance new teachers’ understanding of the strategies that can be used to:
- Increase student engagement
- Build constructive relationships with students
- Establish the routines, procedures and structures needed to improve student learning
- And unique approaches based on experienced differentiated learning. your personal experiences
Plan on attending all 4 different sessions:
- Saturday, September 27, 2014 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015 4:30pm – 7:30pm
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:30pm – 7:30pm