Join us on November 12th to Elevate Learning & Leadership!
The West Michigan Education Leadership conference held at Kent ISD is an opportunity for area leaders to gather together to share and learn. The first leadership conference was held last fall and there were over 150 leaders throughout the region in attendance. This conference allows educators to learn from one another and to share strategies and programs that are demonstrating success. There are so many amazing things happening locally, we need a venue to collaborate.
Comments from last year include:
“It was a great conference! Every session I attended was truly a learning experience! Thank you so much for planning it!”
“This was a very good day. Thanks for all the hard work to pull this off. Looking forward to the next one!”
This years sessions include:
- Dream Big with School Improvement- Barb Johnson, Karla Hill and Kari Anama (Byron Center)
- Pillars of Digital Leadership- Dr. David Britten (Godfrey-Lee)
- “SI SE PUEDE” Latino Students can Succeed in School- Dr. Manuel Brenes (San Juan Diego Academy)
- Growing Your Own PLN- David Simpson (Forest Hills)
- Rockford Action Model for Success (RAMS): Strategic Planning Process- Dr. Mike Shibler and Dr. Doug VanderJagt (Rockford)
- Visible Learning: Keeping the Focus on What Works!- Kirsten Rice (Kent ISD)
- Building Leadership Culture Focused on Innovation- Dr. William Smith (Kent ISD)
- Helping Educators Move Beyond Accommodation: A Tech Toolbox for Diverse Classrooms- Kindy Segovia (Kent ISD)
- Collaboration: Teacher, Student and Leader Support- Julia Reynolds (Northview) and Steve Seward (Cedar Springs)
- You Don’t Have to Start From Scratch! OER and Blended Learning- Ron Houtman (Kent ISD)
- And so many more!
We have just signed on some great vendors! Exhibits include: McGraw-Hill, Renaissance Learning, myOn, Curriculum Crafter, REMC, Michigan Literacy Corps, and we are in talks with more!
Seating is limited so please make sure to register to secure your seat!
We hope to see you on November 12th!