The new Michigan Science Standards have just been adopted. If you are looking for an engaging way to meet the new engineering component of the standards the Kent ISD can help you to leverage a free 3D Printer and a free drone (UAV) in your classrooms! We are an approved PD provider for MDE’s 99s(5) district-level grant. The grant will also cover substitute costs for educators in attendance. Here’s what you need to do:
Enroll in one or both of of the Professional Development offerings on the attached flyer
- Apply for the grant per the instructions here: http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-5236-343832–,00.html
- Follow directions closely: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mde/Section_99b_instructions_for_website_478192_7.pdf
- Choose our PD on line 25 by scrolling to the bottom of the list and selecting either “STEM Thinking: Autonomous Vehicles,” or, “STEM Thinking: 3D Printing”
- Email your MDE confirmation of GRANT SUBMISSION to firstname.lastname@example.org so we know to order your equipment!
See you at the PD!!!
- Please note – This is a district level grant that is submitted your authorized MEGS+ official at your school.
**Small window per MDE grant guidelines November 12- December 15**
Click the image below for the flyer with live links.