With the proliferation of mobile devices, learning is more accessible than ever before. Whether students are in school or at home, they can begin a journey into learning with just a click of a button. In this workshop, How to Teach and Learn Online, we will learn how teachers can optimize students’ online learning experiences in the areas of instruction, practice, collaboration, and assessment. We will also learn how teachers can take their own professional learning online.
Educators who participate in How to Teach and Learn Online will be able to do the following:
- Provide instruction through video and other online media.
- Design learning pathways that open opportunities for individualized instruction.
- Engage students in both synchronous and asynchronous virtual collaboration.
- Conduct online assessments that provide immediate feedback to students.
- Utilize best practices for online teaching and learning.
This is part three of Kent ISD’s Technology Integration Series. Registration for this course is open to all educators, so participation in previous parts of the Technology Integration Series is not required. Each course features five one-hour sessions that you can access in person at Kent ISD or virtually via web conference. Each simulcasted session will include direct instruction, as well as workshop time, with available support from the facilitator. Best of all, this offering is completely FREE!
To register for How to Teach and Learn Online, go to
Up to 5 SCECHs are available for this course.