Share your personalized learning story and expertise.
Personalized Learning is a model of learning that promotes flexibility within the learning environment to allow students’ needs to drive instructional strategies, assessments, use of time, and materials. Kent ISD will be hosting the second Personalized Learning Conference on May 3, 2017 and is searching for presenters to share their experiences in this evolving educational practice.
Proposals that include the innovative and systemic use of blended learning and/or technology to drive or support elementary, middle and high school learning to ensure students are college and career ready are sought. In particular, we seek case studies, action research, and stories of success related to innovative learning that facilitates one or more of the following:
- Student agency
- Differentiated instruction
- Immediate instructional interventions and supports for each student is on-demand, when needed
- Flexible pacing
- Individual student profiles (personalized learning plans)
- Deeper learning and problem solving to develop meaning
- Frequent feedback from instructors and peers
- Standards-based, world-class knowledge and skills
- Anywhere, anytime learning
- Performance-based assessments (project-based learning, portfolios, etc.)*
Proposal submission deadline is December 9, 2016 at 11:59PM.
*List adopted from iNACOL’s Elements of Personalized Learning