The Personalized Learning Conference will be held at Kent ISD on May 3, 2017. All educators who want to learn more about personalized teaching and learning are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Maybe you read our recent blog post, 5 Misconceptions of Personalized Learning. As in the blog post, the goal of this conference is to build awareness and understanding of how to personalize teaching and learning for the purpose of increasing student learning outcomes. This includes a focus on implementation through mastery learning and system-alignment.
- Conference Kickoff with Laura Hilger, Teaching and Learning Senior Coach at KnowledgeWorks
- Conference Keynote with Virgel Hammonds, Chief Learning Officer at KnowledgeWorks
- Over 30 sessions focused on personalized learning
- An all-day maker space facilitated by Kent ISD’s STEM Consultants
- Unique conference schedule that allows for informational, discussion, and hands-on sessions
- Registration is only $50 and includes lunch
- SCECHs are available
- Additional opportunities for site visits to a schools implementing personalized learning (Kenowa Hills Public Schools and Kent Innovation High)
- NovaNow PBL Workshop, which will help educators understand and implement project-based learning