The REMC Association is seeking to contract with an individual to assist with developing communication/marketing resources focused on Association supported projects and activities. These resources will be in formats suitable for social media, newsletters, inclusion in email, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Post items to various social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook
- Write posts or articles highlighting a REMC project for the MACUL Community blog and other blogs or newsletters
- Subscribe to and monitor educational and leadership blogs, twitter accounts, YouTube, and other social media from Michigan and national organizations to find relevant tie-ins to existing REMC projects for the purpose of “mining” and sharing and sharing the best REMC resources.
- Work with the Association’s public relations firm on the drafting and posting process as well as maintaining the organization image/messaging
- Send information to be shared publicly to the Executive Director for review
- Create a presence/knowledge of REMC offerings (indiv. and state) and help with communicating these out through social media (e.g. when a local REMC has an event.)
- Expand REMC participation in Twitter chats by supplying local REMCs with a guide outlining Twitter chat expectations, tips and a list of chats in which to participate. Coordinate/lead Twitter chats (within existing chats)
- May be asked to provide trainings to REMC Directors on implementing these same social media skills and tools to help with our REMC/ISD marketing to local constituents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Background in education
- Experience with public relations/marketing/communications
- Established social media presence
- REMC Association awareness and understanding
- Independent learner
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Skillfully uses technology to accomplish work related tasks
- Knowledgeable about and able to use social media aggregators/social network automation applications
- Understand the role social media plays in outreach/messaging for the Association
Working Conditions and Compensation
- Work 6 – 8 hours a week for the first six months. The number of hours required will be evaluated at the end of the first six months
- Year one – Nov. 1 – June 30, 2018 – then depending on evaluation of need, become an annual contract, with options to renew on a yearly basis
- The need for this position and the quality of the work will be reviewed annually by the REMC Association Executive Board
- Home office environment. Selected candidate will provide the tools (computer, internet) and resources/supplies.
- Contract amount: $20 per hour
- Subscription to specific required tools will be provided to make posting to multiple sites easier/automatic
- Reports to REMC Association Executive Director
Application Deadline: October 27, 2017
Applications should be submitted online at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJzwK2RGs4NdtiQ_cprigjsYkkghC2oIAKGvQQT4RD0xhjkQ/viewform
Questions should be directed to Sue Schwartz, Executive Director, email@example.com