Looking for some summer PD hours? Maybe you just want to have fun and learn with other edtechies around the state. Either way, we invite you to join us at MVU’s EdTech Day Camp event on July 25, 2017 at the Radisson Hotel in Lansing, MI. We will spend the day examining how technology can help us reach the students who need us the most.
This engaging day is focused on YOU, teachers in the classroom, and how you can leverage technology to reach the students that need us the most.
his day will focus how we teach and engage all our students. Whether we have one device in the classroom or each student has his own, we are at an unprecedented moment in time to utilize technology to enable truly personalized learning opportunities for all of our students.
This day is designed to move quickly and is geared towards facilitating deep conversations of consequence for our classroom, school, community and state landscapes.
Cost includes breakfast, lunch and an awesome experience with teachers who make a difference — just like YOU!
Want to save $10 on your registration? Use promo code presenterBFF.
Through improved pedagogy and technology, teachers are better able to personalize learning for their students. The Personalized Learning Conference on May 3, 2017 hopes to further develop the capabilities of educators to utilize these new strategies and tools so that they can meet the needs of every student.
While it is important for Michigan’s current workforce to develop their skills for providing personalized educational opportunities for students, there is also a need for the next generation of teachers to develop these skills. This is why we are excited to announce that aspiring educators receive 50% off their registration for the Personalized Learning Conference. This discounted price is available for undergraduate students and student teachers.
To take advantage of this offer, simply register for the Personalized Learning Conference using your student email address and the discount code PLCGRAD.
Learn more and register for the Personalized Learning Conference by going to plcon.org
The Personalized Learning Conference will be held at Kent ISD on May 3, 2017. All educators who want to learn more about personalized teaching and learning are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Maybe you read our recent blog post, 5 Misconceptions of Personalized Learning. As in the blog post, the goal of this conference is to build awareness and understanding of how to personalize teaching and learning for the purpose of increasing student learning outcomes. This includes a focus on implementation through mastery learning and system-alignment.
- Conference Kickoff with Laura Hilger, Teaching and Learning Senior Coach at KnowledgeWorks
- Conference Keynote with Virgel Hammonds, Chief Learning Officer at KnowledgeWorks
- Over 30 sessions focused on personalized learning
- An all-day maker space facilitated by Kent ISD’s STEM Consultants
- Unique conference schedule that allows for informational, discussion, and hands-on sessions
- Registration is only $50 and includes lunch
- SCECHs are available
- Additional opportunities for site visits to a schools implementing personalized learning (Kenowa Hills Public Schools and Kent Innovation High)
- NovaNow PBL Workshop, which will help educators understand and implement project-based learning
Michigan Virtual University (MVU) is currently engaged in an effort to build a statewide network of mentors of online learners who are striving to continually expand online learner success. We are working hard to grow awareness of this effort and to expand access to the supports available.
If you are interested in engaging, or know someone who could benefit, please consider, explore, and share the opportunities and resources below, which are designed to be relevant for anyone invested in supporting the growth and development of online learning programs in Michigan’s K-12 system, regardless of online provider:.
- The Online Mentor Community: Leveraging MVU’s new Professional Learning Portal and approaching 100 members, this online community is a growing space for mentors in Michigan to connect and for accessing the most up to date publications and resources to support the growth and development of a successful online learning program.
- Regional Mentor Leaders: MVU is partnered with 8 mentors across Michigan with a proven record of online learner success who regularly contribute to the Online Mentor Community, who have agreed to host a Mentor Site Institute at their school to share their successful programs with others, and who are available for free 1:1 peer coaching.
- Face-to-Face and Virtual Events: Check out the growing list of mentor learning opportunities here. A few upcoming opportunities we’d love to have you attend:
- Upcoming Mentor Site Institutes:
- Upcoming ISD-Hosted Mentor Training:
Join the Online Mentor Community, request peer coaching, or register for events at http://outreach.mivu.org/onlinementors/.