In case you missed Assistechknow last week, or if you have no idea what it is, this is a roundup of Kent ISD’s two day conference on assistive technology and Universal Design for Learning. Ron Houtman, Kindy Segovia, and a host of others once again organized everything, and hundreds of educators from many places came to share and learn.
One key point to keep in mind: assistive tech can help everyone, not just those for whom targeted supports are designed. Take a look at these links to see if there is anything you can use in your work.
For you and your staff – don’t miss the Kent ISD Assistive Technology & REMC Open House, from 2:00-6:00 pm, Sept. 17:
- Come to explore the Lending Library of technology, equipment and software available to educators throughout Kent ISD
- Discover the variety of REMC materials and services available – die cut, waxing, poster-making, video loan, online resources and more
- Experience the StarLab – portable planetarium, available for your classrooms to borrow
- Browse the ‘free’ garage sale for older or discontinued equipment and software
- Enjoy popcorn and cookies, leave with “low tech” classroom goodies
- And of course…..Win some terrific door prizes! Yes, including iTunes Gift Cards, iPad cases, Time Timers and more!
Register for this free, drop-in-when-you-can, event, or just pop in!
#assistive-technology, #kent-isd, #remc
Kent ISD along with CDW-G and the Google for Education team will be hosting a “Tablets with Google Play for Education Workshop” on Monday Oct 13th from 11am-3:30pm. Lunch will be provided.
Google will give an overview to the tablets program, show a live demo, give you a chance to hear from your peers, and play around with the tablets and some apps.
The event is designed for technology and curriculum directors and administrators, so please feel free to forward this invite to others in your district.
Please see the attached invite with RSVP link to register. Please let your CDW account manager know if you have any questions..
Register here — http://goo.gl/OCpk5N
#assistive-technology, #kent-isd, #pd, #professional-development, #remcam
We have a really cool professional learning opportunity on October 9 and 10, 2014 for those of you involved in the intersection of students with disabilities and educational technology (AT).
The Kent Intermediate School District and Region 3 Assistive Technology Group welcomes educators, student teachers, PTs, OT’s, SLPs and others to learn about the latest in Assistive Technology.
Please join us for this unprecedented opportunity to view and interact with nationally recognized providers of Assistive Technology. We will have presentations from vendors, practitioners and educators all day long.
You can find more information and registration at the AssisTechKnow website.
#assistechknow, #assistive-technology, #conference, #grand-rapids, #kentisd